Thursday, July 15, 2010

Literature Background: A Post from Yesterday

Yesterday I got distracted then fell asleep before finishing up after dinner, so here is what I did yesterday:

I read/ scanned papers looking for references to any of my chosen stars that would reveal them to be either a non-member, variable star, or spectroscopic binary. This eliminated many stars, but actually added a bunch as well. For NGC6134, Mermilliod and Mayor were examining twenty red giants, not just the three I had extracted. The CCD data I had been looking at was incomplete, so I found many more red giants when I looked the plain UBV tab in WEBDA. Also, I realized one cluster I thought wasn't up in late July actually was. All the stars in one cluster got eliminated for one reason or another.

I also added a new cluster, NGC2281 with five red giants.

Today I will add at least two two clusters and assign priority numbers for all stars.

Survey Total
Clusters: 12
Stars: 52

No comments:

Post a Comment